Saturday, April 21, 2012

RE-ENFORCEMENTS

I used to have a negative view of the word "Reenforce". Better yet, it was intimidating! It was almost over-bearing. I am not for sure why I felt this way about this particular word. Today, my thoughts are not the same, praise God!!!! Walking out my faith on this earth, I sure do need some re-enforcers in my life. I have some really great sisters (Christians whether blood related on earth or not), that love me and support and speak God's truth to me over and over again. I PRAISE GOD for them. I really like Merriam-Webster's definitions. Yes, ALL three. Here they are:

1.to strengthen by additional assistance, material, or support : make stronger or more pronounced 
2 to strengthen or increase by fresh additions 
3to stimulate (as an experimental animal or a student) with a reinforcer; also : to encourage (a response) with a reinforcer

This re-enforcement, for me, comes in the way of friends, family, and most of all the Holy Spirit, Himself. David said in Psalm 73:2  "But as for me, I almost lost my footing.My feet were slipping, and I was almost gone." He tells of his complaining, etc., etc. then picks up in  verse 17, "Then I went into your sanctuary, O God, and then I realized...." Isn't that just beatutiful! No wonder David begins the chapter with, "Truly God is good to Israel,to those whose hearts are pure." The Lord is Good and He has given us His Word to RE-ENFORCE His Truths and His Promises. He sends us brothers from another mother and sisters from another mister to correct us, encourage us, love us, and perhaps, rebuke us as we walk by faith! Sometimes, we even have someone else to usher us into the Sanctuary of the Lord! This has been true for me, many of times.

O, How I love the Lord for His Faithfulness! He, alone, is Thee Faithful One!!! I depend on Him> He is my Ultimate Re-Enforcer! He is My Support, My Strengthener! The Lord is Good!

How can you become  that friend that can be counted on to uphold, love, support? By being just what this picture says, below.
Being available to someone is what a true friend IS! Keeping it truthful and real as in not playing the "perfect" role or trying to 'keep it all together'. Nope, just being the new you, in Christ, who realizes that she(or he) is still in the 'in-between' stage of being a New Creature in Christ without the manifestations of the Glorified Body that IS soon to come! As my Pastor back home once said, The Already, but Not Yet State! Love it!

I admonish you to look around. Do you see someone who could use a brother or sister to hold up there arms on this faith walk? I know you do, I see a few from where I'm stitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment