Friday, August 10, 2012

Quit playing...Church!!!

Playing Church = PhariseeIC!

You've seen it, I've seen it. You SEE it, I SEE it! People faking it all the while hoping to make it. When I worked in the drug rehabilitation field, we used to say, "Fake it 'til you make it!" Meaning I know it's hard to live a drug free life, but pretend like you are living drug free or want to live free and then You will be drug free! OR I know you have a hard time applying these AA &  NA principles, but pretend like you are applying them and you will reap the benefits! (Maybe this concept is the reason we have a revolving door in recovery programs...and many state agencies making big bucks off those walking through those doors, but I digress.) I'm sure there was a well meaning thought behind this statement, but the truth of the matter is; if you are FAKING (regardless of what it is), you are FAKING! Plain and simple. You can't make REAL what you keep FAKING!

It is sad to see that so many Christians are doing just that: FAKING IT! Speaking Chrisitianese* all the while not applying any of it, nor realizing the devil that they are calling a liar, is really themselves! Now before anyone gets all bent out of shape. I am not calling anyone the devil. I am just recognizing the spirit behind the lie whose native tongue is a lie. Satan himself cannot speak truth.[John 8:44  You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.] When a person FAKES his or her Christiandom, he or she is a LIE and the TRUTH cannot be found in him(or her).Simply put, if you aren't living Christ, then you ain't believing Christ!

.John 5:39-40 says, "You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me, yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life." 

Have you ever heard   Ok. You know when you encounter people who knows the Christianese of our day...ok let me break it down, "I am blessed. God's got me. I am going to reach my destiny. I am on my journey... I claim it. It is so! etc, etc!" Now, do get me wrong. I am not clear of ever thinking like this..I know I have claimed some things in my prayers. I have agreed with the Word in my prayers and hopes. My point is those who speak (and perhaps...believe) these terms and yet lives a life contrary to the Word the so-claim to live by. Their life does NOT reflect the God they claim to be their God. Faking it...trying to make it. 


The Setting: Jesus is speaking to the Jews who were trying to kill Him. They wanted Jesus because He said that God the Father was His very own Father, thus making Himself equal to the God of the Jews.A God whose Name they weren't permitted to speak. YHWH.  Not only this- but Jesus was breaking the law of the Sabbath by healing people. Jesus goes on to explain that He has authority from the Father because the Father gives it to Him. THEN He goes on to say that He, the Son will judge them in the end. Once more, He tells them that there are those who witness of Him, i.e. God the Father, John the Baptist and Moses.  The one God they claim to worship, the writings of the one who they claim to follow and obey, and the one they murdered....He says to them,"and you do not have his Word abiding in you, for you do not believe the One whom He has sent." John 5:38 Basically, you don't know God because you really don't read your Bible because you don't believe Me. (It's amazing what you can gather about someone just by the words that come out of their mouths).

You see, the Pharisees 'kept' the Scriptures. They kept them OUTWARDLY. But they didn't KNOW Him! They did NOT the Holy Scriptures in their hearts. They did not KNOW Him. THIS- IS -WHY- THEY- DID -NOT -RECOGNIZE- HIM!!! Why they wanted to kill Him!!!..... He was not in them.   Do you quote the promises of God and not KNOW the Promise, Himself and His desires for You? You hear me?

So how say you (or me)?
Are you merely saying with your mouth that you glorify God with your heart, mind, soul...all the while trampling over the Word of God by the way you LIVE....Lord help us!

Christ asks, “Why do you call me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do what I tell you? Everyone who comes to me and hears my words and does them," Luke 6:46........"

Lord, I pray that, daily, I make it my ambition to know You more and more by Your Word. I pray the same for Christians everywhere. Lord, I want to make Your Name known. It is my passion. I pray that I will lead my children to make the Glory of Your Name known throughout the earth. I don't want to fake it... for Your sake, Your Name Sake. Amen.

TO BE CONTINUED :What will happen to the children of the people who are faking playing church? Where will they Spend eternity? If We fake it and won't make it. What Happens to our children who are watching us?

3 comments:

  1. Wow! This causes me to do a full self examination on my walk with the Lord.. Thank you for sharing.! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesssss. Same for me. Same for me. It's easy for us to fall away...Romans 6 says this flesh is hostile to the Gospel...must stay in the Word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesssss. Same for me. Same for me. It's easy for us to fall away...Romans 6 says this flesh is hostile to the Gospel...must stay in the Word.

    ReplyDelete