Thursday, March 21, 2013

A Psalm of Mine

I found this prayer. I don't normally share my written prayers. Prayer is a private and most intimate time spent with the Father. Similar to time spent between a husband and a wife. BUT! This isn't (necessarily) one of those naked, raw and bare prayers. I have changed a few things so I that may not hender you or cause you to question my faith and my sanity. But, I share this as a psalm! It was written during a dry time BUT GOD is(was) the Water (Living) that quenches my thirst, even in the driest of seasons. I pray you find your self encouraged.




Oh My Father!! I am so MAD ANGRY! I'm so MAD! You are a God who never loses touch with His child(ren).
Why then, do I feel so out of touch?          I feel dePRESSED.
Like there is a cloud over my eyes. I can't see clearly.

Like a casting of shadows.

Lord, am I alone? I feel so alone.
And ANGRY...I expected MORE.... more from people, MORE FROM YOU!

Oh, how sad I am. I want to go away from here! It doesn't seem fair.
I hate feeling like I do:

I want You to hold me. But, I am so mad, I don't want you or anyone to touch me!

I ache for so much- for FREEDOM!

I want to be well in my body, in my mind, spiritually.
SHINE YOUR LIGHT brighter Lord. SHINE IT! BRIGHTER, so I can see You.

                     I know you have not forsaken me. You said you would NEVER do that.
SHOW ME, Lord.

Why am I so mad? Why?
               My attitude is so sucky and ugly.
           .................................................................................................. I forget your Grace.
                  Do I not know Your Love?
                      Have I forsaken Your Presence?
                        Have I forfeited IT?

Oh Lord, how I  love to sit in Your presence.          FILL ME AGAIN! 
                     Just to soak in You, Lord, is my deepest desire.

I am so dry and thirsty for the REAL YOU!
        Let me not become like those who don't know You.
 Please Jesus.

What happens to a soul- a spirit that is starved of Love and left alone in a dry and weary land?
 It dries up.                                                  It shrivels up and dies.

OH Lord, not I.
NOT I!!! 

I recall:
As David said,  "Oh God, You are my God; earnestly I seek You; my soul thirsts for You; my flesh faints for You, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water." Psalm 63: 1-3

Here I am, LORD.                                       RIGHT HERE!!
Oh how I need Thee. Right now.
Pick me up.                       Lift me up and out of this pit.

You are the EVERLASTING GOD!

You lift my head as You promise.
You don't leave me the same..PRAISE YOUR NAME, GOD!!



But as for me, my prayer is to you, O Lord.
    At an acceptable time, O God,
    in the abundance of your steadfast love answer me in your saving faithfulness.
Deliver me
    from sinking in the mire;
let me be delivered from my enemies
    and from the deep waters. (Psalm 69:13-14)



Be not dismayed. The Lord is a Faithful Listener and He takes care, good care of His children. Praise Him! He is a Constant Helper! AFTER ALL I praise the Lord for His Canoned Word  and for prayers such as these that I can go back and read and REMEMBER His Faithfulness to me.
Please. Take A Listen(click on the words -->After ALL




No comments:

Post a Comment