Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Missing My Husband (2010)

When Missing My husband led to gratefulness of Christ's endurance on the Cross!

Have you ever missed someone you loved so dearly? I have and do (my hubby, away for Army stuff). I am assuming most would say "yes". Now, take a moment and think about those deep emotions and yearnings you've had. Yearnings just to see their face or hear their voice. Now. Imagine if God left you for a moment. . . man, we would be unable to This little life experience, of being separated from my husband, for nine months, makes me understand why Jesus yelled, on that old rugged cross, "Eloi, Eloi lama Sabachthani?" "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" (*)That was the only time on the Cross that He experienced much agony. For the first time, God, His Father had turned His back on His beloved Son! I'm sure the pain of being physically nailed to that cross was more bearable than His Father forsaking Him. But it had to be done. Jesus, knew sin separates us from God. But yet He chose to take up our infirmities and on our sin, so that we would not have to experience a moment of separation from our Father. We would literally break; no longer exist if GOD left us for a moment. Thank You Lord for Your EVERLASTING promise, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." (Matthew 28:20)
Now praise Him.

(*) One of the things, I truly grasped from our Army life, is that families are NOT meant to be apart. Husbands and daddies are meant to be home with their families. We as women, cannot bear what our husbands are called to bear. Although, there are single mommas out there, whom God gives AMAZING Grace to lead their homes and families, well. I'd dare to even say that if they had the choice, most would choose to NOT to be alone in raising their families. My hats went off to single mommas out there! You are awesomely brave.

No comments:

Post a Comment