Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Nostalgia of it ALL

Nostalgia: a yearning for the past, often in idealized form. 
 I remember this night like it was TODAY!!!! Such good times, with good friends!!!!

Man, where does time go? Why does it leave us sooo fast. We are just left with the memories of what was and how great it was and sometimes how we wish we could just go back...... to... Yes, I am going to say it, the good ole days!!! Right???  But, in reality....in the present.... if we were to really think about it; think about how we were feeling at the time in the "good ole days", we probably weren't any less stressed or occupied. It's only now that we can look back and see how good life was amist all the stress we were experiencing at that particular moment.And just how faithful God was/is to have brought us through.

Right now, I am seriously missing Illinois. I miss the beautiful Fall Colors, the leaves falling. Even the chilly weather I miss. I miss my friends and good conversations, and encouragement, and fellowship, my Pastors, my church family; Tuesdays mornings, Wednesday nights, and on  and on. Thanks be to God I have a furture and a hope that He has laid out for me and my family. (Jeremiah 29:11) I praise Him because HE KNOWS WHATS BEST FOR ME! He is so wonderful. I am glad that He has been gracious enough to let me have these wonderful memories and eternal relationships!!!!

I know this may seem a bit choppy but I needed to vent and encourage myself in the Lord before my mind became to WRAPPED UP in the NOSTALGIA OF IT ALL. You know what I mean, right?

I know God is calling me to even closer to Him. To be quiet and FREE of all distractions. This is the season of hearing from the Lord and acting on what He tells me in this stage of the Journey He has me (us) on.

 There's an opportune time to do things, a right time for everything on the earth:

 A right time to cry and another to laugh..... A right time to embrace and another to part.....
A right time to hold on and another to let go,
Ecclesiastes 3:1-3

How about YOU? Do you get CAUGHT UP in the past?....The I WISHs.... How has the Lord helped you through the times or how is He guiding you NOW?

 This is God's Word on the subject: ........ I'll show up and take care of you as I promised and bring you back home. I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for. - Jeremiah 29:10-11

No comments:

Post a Comment