Sunday, October 17, 2010

Walking Free from the Stinch of Smoke!!!

Our neighbors invited us over for dinner tonight. We went over and ate. Then we went outside and burnt some marshmallows. It was nice. Afterwards, Joe, the kids and I went home and immediately I could smell the stinch of smoke in my hair and clothes....this is OFFENSIVE to me......so I proceeded to strip the clothes off and put fresh ones on. As I was taking the clean clothes out the dryer the Holy Spirit brought to mind the story in  Daniel 3 of the three Hebrew boys. I said to Joseph, "Man, it's amazing, that Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego was in the firey furnace and they did NOT smell like smoke". Joseph was like, "Yeah, and the furnace was turned up to the HOTTEST level."  I continued to think about how amazing this story is; here I am outside for less than 30 minutes around a pretty small pit of fire and I smell like I had been dancing around the flames and they were IN THE FIRE and didn't smell of  smoke. WoW! I am so encouraged. If my Lord can do this for Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, surely, He can do it for me when I am in my HOTTEST of situations and circumstances. Amen? Amen.
There is this song we used to sing, the verse went like this, "You don't look like, what you been through"
those HOT situations that seem like they will never end or  we will never be able to walk FREE from. Shad, Me-Me and Benny walked FREE from all they had been through not taking any of the weight or baggage that often comes when we encounter difficult circumstances. For this matter, the smell of smoke, sut on their faces, burnt skin and charred scared lungs from inhaling the smoke and fire, and of course, death.

What HOT situation did God walk you through? Did you walk FREE from it; not looking like what you'be been through?

Daniel 3:26-27 

Nebuchadnezzar then approached the opening of the blazing furnace and shouted, "Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, servants of the Most High God, come out! Come here!"
So Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego came out of the fire, and the satraps, prefects, governors and royal advisers crowded around them. They saw that the fire had not harmed their bodies, nor was a hair of their heads singed; their robes were not scorched, and there was no smell of fire on them.

1 comment:

  1. Oh friend God walked me through a terrible time in ministry. But God protected me and I am glad I experienced it

    ReplyDelete